A fresh/vintage bathroom: I am no longer in denial. Winter is here and it is time to give some serious thought to upcoming baths. There is reading material to select and bubble bath products to consider. There are also bath spaces, like this one from LivingEtc., to stare at. This space has an ideal blend of romantic touches and an apothecary-shop sensibility. A dark-toned floor contrasts with airy white, grey, cream and chrome. Modern, urban flair, like the frosted glass cabinet faces, make this room current. The heart of this bath, however, belongs to a Victorian spa which is exactly where I would like to spend Sunday afternoons from January to March.
To re-create the details of this bathroom:
1) Bathroom Chandelier: This is a winsome, if slightly ridiculous, piece. The bathroom just wouldn't be the same without it. $99 at Ballard Designs.
2) Marble Shelves: See Martha's neat t utorial on how to creat a shelf from a marble threshold here.
3) Beveled Mirror: For that shiny, bold look. Frameless, 24" $169 here.
4) Apothocary Jars: Ranging from $6.99-$9.99 here.
5) Bubble Bath! See those black-topped jars? I say, pomegranate bubble bath? Oh man. $25 for the cheers! set here.
*By the way, I plan on making a reading list this week. Just in case I find myself in a place like this with a bottle of pomegranate bubble bath.*